Kindergarten at Complete Kids Early Learning Centre.
When does the kinder program run?
Our kinder program runs from 8:00am to 4:30pm from Monday to Friday. Children are welcome to attend from 6:30am until 6:30pm to access quality care throughout the day. We ask that all children in our Kindergarten Groups (Emu’s, Kookaburras and Goannas) have arrived by 9:30am as this is when we have our ‘welcome group time’, it is an important time for your child to find out what to expect from the day as well as take part in daily literacy and math experiences.
Meal times are progressive, allowing the children to choose when they join the dinning table. As a guideline morning tea starts at 10am, lunch at 12:30pm and afternoon tea at 3pm.
What will the program look/sound like?
Preschoolers are busy, active, noisy and eager to learn. The rooms are large and will have many different focus areas to provide opportunities to support learning and development. Throughout the day children will have the chance to participate in a wide range of experiences individually, in small groups and as a whole group. We follow the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework and recognise that every child will follow their own path to the five outcomes and that all children will require different levels of support.
What is funded kindergarten?
In Victoria it is the year or two of early education before children begin school. The State Government Kindergarten Funding is available for each child to attend one program before they start school. The program must be run by qualified kindergarten teachers. In 2015 children must be enrolled for a minimum of 15 hours per week. Each child enrolled is at least four years of age by the 30th of April. The kindergarten teacher can declare that a child is eligible to receive a second year of funded kindergarten if:
- the child is observed as having delays in at least two outcome areas of learning and development detailed in the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework and
- there is evidence to suggest the child will achieve better outcomes if he/she attends a second year of kindergarten to strengthen the learning and development of skills in these areas and better facilitate transition to school the following year.
Will I get more information?
Yes, most definitely!
- Our Flexibuzz App will contain newsletters, reflections, center events and notes throughout the year.
- You are invited to attend an interview with Jess, Jennelle or Gaby to discuss your child’s needs and expectations of kindergarten.
- At drop off and pick up, staff look forward to a quick chat about your child’s day.
- Our “daily reflection” is yet another great way to keep up to date with the progress and experiences of the children.
- You can also make a time to meet with teachers for a more involved discussion at any time that suits you.